- Woman: I'm smart.
- Patriarchy: Well, you're probably ugly then.
- Woman: I'm creative.
- Patriarchy: You mean unattractive, right?
- Woman: I have all these incredible accomplishments.
- Patriarchy: Yeah, but look how ugly you looked doing them.
- Woman: I have value.
- Patriarchy: Not if you're ugly.
- Woman: I'm conventionally-attractive & post self portraits on my blog.
- Patriarchy: I'm so sick of you empty-headed chicks only caring about your looks. Just because you are attractive and get attention from men doesn't mean you are special or deserve respect. Why don't you read a book or do something productive with your life, you dumb slut?
“Loneliness does not come from having no people around you, but from being unable to communicate the things that seem important to you.” —Carl Jung (via likeafieldmouse)
American Vice-President Andrew Johnson took his presidential oath in 1865 whilst completely drunk
oh Tennessee, you make me proud.